In a small business lead generation is absolutely a priority for increasing revenue. Lead funnels are THE approach to use when increasing lead generation in your small business. This post will tell you why and show you the big ideas behind lead generation funnels.
Don’t worry…a lead funnel can be simple to design once you grasp the big idea.
But first, let’s touch on the importance of having a solid lead generation strategy for your small business (as opposed to random leads trickling in the door).
Lead Generation, The Priority
Lead generation is the process of attracting and converting potential customers into leads. Leads are people who have expressed an interest in your products or services but have not yet made a purchase.
Lead generation is an essential part of your small business marketing strategy (this is an understatement!), as it helps you to identify and reach potential customers who are more likely to buy from you.
The process in the image above shows lead generation 101. The lead funnel sits right between where brand-aware prospects move into your sales processes.
If you aren’t achieving the revenue you’d like, consider building or revamping your lead funnels and sales processes.
To help you get started, let’s look into lead funnels.
What is a lead funnel?
A lead funnel is a marketing strategy that helps you attract, convert, and close leads. It is a series of steps that you take to guide potential customers through the sales process.
Why does a small business need a lead funnel?
A lead funnel is essential for any small business that wants to grow. It helps you to:
- Attract more leads: A well-designed lead funnel will help you to attract more potential customers to your business.
- Convert more leads: A lead funnel will help you to convert more leads into customers.
- Close more sales: A lead funnel will help you to close more sales and grow your business.
What tools are needed to create a lead funnel?
There are a number of tools that you can use to create a lead funnel. Some of the most popular tools include:
- Email marketing software: Email marketing software is essential for sending out automated emails to your leads. I recommend Mailchimp to all my clients.
- Landing pages: Landing pages allow you to create offers, promote a product or service, and give lead magnets that are designed to convert leads.
- CRM software: CRM software helps you to track your leads and manage your sales pipeline. When I design lead funnels, I build this tracking into the website, but Mailchimp also includes lead management.
Tips for Creating a Lead Funnel
Here are a few tips for creating a lead funnel:
- Start with a clear goal: What do you want to achieve with your lead funnel? Do you want to generate more leads, convert more leads, or close more sales?
- Define your target audience: Who are you trying to reach with your lead funnel? What are their needs and wants?
- Create a compelling offer: Your offer is what will entice your target audience to join your lead funnel. Make sure your offer is relevant, valuable, and easy to understand. Often we use a lead magnet to entice lead generation.
- Use a lead magnet: You’re asking for contact information from prospects. Well, that’s valuable. So you should provide something valuable in return. That’s called a lead magnet.
- Design a user-friendly funnel: Your lead funnel should be easy to use and navigate (Here’s a sample lead funnel template you can copy). Make sure the steps are clear and concise, and that the buttons are easy to click.
- Track your results: Once you have created your lead funnel, it is important to track your results. This will help you to see what is working and what is not, so that you can make necessary adjustments.
- A/B Testing: Test your headlines, the landing page design, and lead form designs. Again, I build A/B testing features directly into the funnels I create. I recommend this as a necessary tool in your lead funnels, if you’re serious about conversion rates.
What is a Lead Magnet?
A lead magnet is a free item or service that is given away for the purpose of gathering contact details of potential customers1. For example, lead magnets can be trial subscriptions, samples, white papers, e-newsletters, and free consultations
Ideas for Lead Funnel Promotion, For Small Business
There are a number of ways to promote your lead funnel. Some of the most effective methods include:
- Email marketing: Email marketing is a great way to promote your lead funnel to your existing subscribers. You can send out emails that announce your new lead funnel, and that offer incentives for people to join.
- Social media: Social media (What is Social Media Marketing? Check out these tips) is another great way to promote your lead funnel. You can share links to your landing pages on social media, and you can run contests and giveaways to attract new leads.
- Paid advertising: Paid advertising can be a great way to reach a wider audience with your lead funnel. You can use platforms like Google Ads and Facebook Ads (read this before running Facebook Ads) to target your ads to people who are interested in your products or services.
- SEO Strategy: Use solid SEO tactics with an overarching strategy to ensure you’re growing traffic to your lead funnels month over month. In the long run, you don’t want to pay for traffic, you want to earn free traffic with SEO Strategy. Read more on What is SEO Strategy >>
Get Started on Your Lead Funnels!
A lead funnel is a powerful marketing tool that can help you to grow your small business. By following the tips in this blog post, you can create a lead funnel that will help you to attract, convert, and close more leads.
I’d love to help you with your lead funnels.
I’ve worked with many clients to help them increase revenue through lead funnels (see reviews below). You determine the level of support you need.
We can do a 45-minute Zoom consultation to get you started, or just design the landing pages, or the email automation, or I can design your entire funnels.
Reviews from Recent Clients
With a 5/5 rating on Fiverr, these reviews represent successful lead funnels.
I’m thrilled to work with Matt again. He is super responsive, creative and thoughtful in his work. This time around he really transformed the simple idea I had into a way better, lead gen focused landing page and ad. He also shared valuable information that I can use going forward.
Matt is awesome! Very detailed and attentive to what I was looking for. We had countless messages back and forth because I had a ton of questions and Matt was a trooper with all of it. Matt is very professional and his work shows it. I highly recommend Matt and his services! I will definitely be hiring him again!
Super fast implementation. All changes were implemented in a very straightforward manner. Great and uncomplicated cooperation. Absolute recommendation!